After adopting parents are chosen by birth mom to parent her child and have committed to proceed with her in adoption planning, we will
- Maintain contact with birth and adopting parents to facilitate on-going adoption planning that meets everyone’s needs
- Schedule and attend hospital tour and prenatal care/ultrasound appointments on dates and times convenient for everyone
- Provide adopting parents with copies of birthing records and all medical records generated pre and post-birth
- Interface with adoption counselor who may be asked to provide birth parent with adoption-related counseling
- Supervise birth and placement process
- Facilitate agreed-upon post-adoption contact, if any
After your match with a birth mom, you will want to choose an attorney with adoption expertise to help you finalize the legal aspects of your adoption plan. The attorney you choose will provide you with an Attorney-Client Fee Agreement applicable to the specific circumstances of your particular adoption plan.
The Sacramento Adoption Center’s in-house adoption attorney, Tom Volk, will provide you with a complete assessment of the legal aspects of any adoption plan you are considering. The fact that Tom provides you with the up-front legal assessment needed to ensure a good outcome does not in any way obligate you to choose him as the attorney who helps you finalize your adoption plan — although, under most circumstances, he will be available to do so, if that is your request.