WhAT IS an adoption at the Center LIKE?
At the Sacramento Adoption Center, openness and honesty are central to the adoption process. We make sure everyone’s interests are considered and that adoption plans are built on a foundation of mutual trust. We are not an adoption agency or an adoption facilitator. Our adoptions are direct.
- Birth parents and adopting parents are completely involved in the entire adoption process.
- Birth parents personally select their child’s adopting family.
- Both families mutually decide how much future contact (involvement) they want to have.
- Adopting parents are present when their child is born.
- Child will be discharged directly to adopting parents from the hospital.
Adoptions at the Center are planned in three Phases:
- Phase 1: Initial Consultation
- Phase 2: Adoption Outreach
- Phase 3: Case Management