I'm Pregnant and Considering Adoption
Adoption is a Loving Choice. Start Here.
Do you want to choose your baby’s adoptive family?
Your decision to honor your child with a planned independent adoption provides him/her with a loving home that you have hand-selected. We have many families waiting to welcome your child into their hearts and homes.
Would you like to stay in touch after your child is born?
At the Center, we work closely with our birth parents and adopting families to create open adoptions with customized plans for contact after the adoption is complete. You and the family you choose for your child will decide what kind of contact there will be (letters, photos, visits, etc.) and how often it will happen.
Do you need help during your pregnancy?
At the Center, we provide full-service care for our birth parents. As your adoption plan moves forward, we will make sure that all of your adoption-related expenses paid in full, at no cost to you. Typical birth parent budgets include:
- Pre-natal care and delivery costs
- Living expenses like housing, food, transportation, cell phone service and maternity clothes
- Adoption counseling sessions
- Legal fees
We will also coordinate all your pre-natal appointments, tests, and ultrasounds. We can help you find affordable housing, connect you with counselors, help you get medical insurance and access government services. We will even provide transportation to all your medical appointments and meetings at the Center if you need it!
Do you need help after your pregnancy?
It is our goal to use the time we have with you to put you on the path to reaching whatever life goals you had before you became pregnant. We are well connected within the community and can help you:
- Apply for schools and scholarships
- Secure job training or career counseling and find gainful employment
- Apply for state benefits such as Medi-Cal, CalFresh, or affordable housing subsidies
- Participate in nurturing transitional living or other supportive housing programs
- Connect with ongoing physical and/or mental health care
- Find long-term case management after the adoption
Do you need legal help?
Our in-house attorney Tom Volk has 30 years of adoption law experience and has adopted 2 children himself. We provide ethical legal representation during your adoption process at no cost to you.
We can help you!
Regardless of your situation, we can help. Marisa, our Adoption Coordinator, is available 24 hours a day every day and would love to hear from you. Call us now.
The benefits of Independent Adoption
Only YOU will decide what's best for your child
- You will choose the adopting family that you want for your baby.
- You will receive quality medical care and all the financial help you need for yourself and your child, at no cost to you.
- Your adoption plan will succeed because it will be based on openness and honesty.
Is Adoption Right for You? If….
- You are concerned about your ability to provide your baby with his or her basic needs,
- You worry you are not in a good place to take care of another individual, or
- You have more things you’d like to accomplish in life before having children,
…then an independent adoption may be a loving option for your child and yourself!
I'D Like More Information
Fill out this form to receive an information packet about becoming a birth parent at the Center and get in touch with our team. We’re here for you!
Birth parent stories
There I was, so scared, pregnant again, and not knowing what I was going to do. When I picked up the phone and called the Sacramento Adoption Center, you, Tom Volk were amazing, so kind and caring.
You never once judged me or made me feel any pressure. You stood by my side and made me feel like I finally had a friend that I could count on. You helped my whole family and so did your staff. You all went above and beyond …